Thursday, September 9, 2010

Getting back on track

We left Oregon on the 21st of August headed for Colorado to see our Dr.s and tie up loose ends in our former home town. We made it to Boardman, Oregon the first night for an overnight,get some sleep stop.Nothing exciting going on here. After stops at a very nice park in Caldwell,Idaho and one at a very smelly park in Salt Lake City across from an oil refinery we were headed for a planned couple day's stay in Grand Junction,Colorado so I could go to the Gateway Auto Museum in nearby Gateway,Colorado that I missed when we first went on the road. As stated in my previous post we got the word my Sister Mona passed away in her sleep and our only thoughts were to get to Greeley as fast as possible.We stopped in Fruita and got some rest and arrived in Greeley that Friday morning.

We went to the only RV park in town to set up for the two week stay we had already planned.No ambiance here, just a place to park.We then went to see Family and share our grief at the sudden loss. I would just like to say I am very proud of my niece Staci and my nephew Sean as they did a great job taking care of my sisters final wishes and planned a very moving and wonderful service in tribute to their Mother.

We met with our good friends and future full timers Duane and Ruth to enjoy a meal and fill them in on how much we are enjoying this lifestyle. Duane and I worked together so I also caught up on what was going on at my former w**k place.They have a couple years yet to w**k before joining us on the road.They do take every chance they get now to travel in their travel trailer.In fact they were leaving on a 3 week trip soon after we met.

This two weeks were full of taking care of unfinished business so we were on the run most of the time but now feel like we have closed out this chapter in our lives and will only come back to visit family and friends.

Of course it was necessary to make sure we were here for the 18th annual Melby Labor Day car show and picnic.Folks if you like cars and a fun relaxed atmosphere this is the premier event.Dean has a large lot in the town of Evans where they cook up great pork sandwiches and every one brings the sides and desserts. The main purpose is the car show and fellowship of motor heads that goes on.There must have been over a hundred cars through out the day as people come and go all day long. I will post photo's of a small over view of the many different styles that were there.

We will be leaving Sunday for West Virginia to visit my three children,Lindsey,Jay and Tony.It's been about three years and I am very excited. After that it will be a slow trip to Florida for the winter by way of North and South Carolina with Savannah, Georgia mixed in.What a life ! Until next time,Chasing A Rainbow. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Very unique rest stop Colorado Sunset after Rain storm




1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for your posts. Glad to find you back today.

    We will be in NC for the next four weeks. Then the first 3 weeks of November we will be in GA. Will keep checking to see if you are be passing close by.

    ReplyDelete