Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Life at Wilderness RV Park Estates

We are now 3 weeks into our stay here at Wilderness and must say we are very happy with all aspects of being here.The weather is perfect and the people are friendly and not pushy.I say that because Linda and I are somewhat private people and although we enjoy a good visit with anybody we are not 'joiners" and so far everyone has respected that.We have been places where if you don't join in all the activity's you are kinda shunned.We did attend a very nice Veterans Day Celebration in one of the meeting rooms.It's been a while since I thought about the time I spent in the Army.Made me proud to be with my fellow servicemen.I have learned a lot from the people here about the area and why they come here and it seems to be a very common thread of good weather,not crowded like the coastal areas but still close enough to go there if you want.Buddy and I enjoy our walks as he loves to meet new people.There are quite a few lots for sale here right now but we have not made up our minds yet if we really want to own anything again. As it stands now it would have to be a pretty special lot for a pretty special price.

We are slowly learning where everything is in town so that we can plan our trips and not have to backtrack to much.Tomorrow will be a trip to get the balance of our Turkey Day meal and to look at new laptop for Linda.With Thanksgiving coming Christmas is right around the corner.This will be our first year away from family during the Holidays and it seems kinda strange.We miss you all but are happy living our dream.

The weeks have been full of good news for us.A while back I wrote about blowing a tire on the trailer in North Carolina.There has been a lot of chatter on the Forest River forums about many people having many problems with the tires Forest River used for a few years so I thought I would send a picture of the tire and see if they could help me out.This is the second time I have had to contact the factory about a problem with my almost 3 year old 2008 Cedar Creek 5th wheel but I must say they came through once again in a very satisfactory manner.Even though the trailer and tires are out of warranty they are recognizing their mistake in choice of tires and sending me 4 brand new aluminum rims with new upgraded tires.They do not even want the old ones back.This is at no cost to us. It's nice to buy a mid grade unit and be treated like you mean something to them.Forest River in the past has had a checkered customer service rating but I give them an A+.

Next I applied for my Social Security Benefits as I will be 62 in February and have opted to take the early payments(not going to wait and have the Government steal that from me ).Wait a minute.....I'M OLD ENOUGH TO GET SOCIAL SECURITY!!!.How in the world did that happen!!!! It turns out the amount will be a little more than we had thought so it will be nice to finally have the Government finally start repaying the money I loaned them.Our pension fund,401k money and savings will be happy also.Now if we could just get some leadership in our Country we will have enough money to live out our lives. Our long term plan continues to work.

Linda did get a photo of the Great Egret that hangs out on the pond so I will include it and since it's been a while since I have had one of any kind of a car I'll add one from a gas station in Ocala.Chasing A Rainbow. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

2 comments:

  1. This is the 2nd time this week that I heard good things about Forest River customer service. We kinda wish we had gotten another Cedar Creek. We are less than happy with Keystone.

    Leonard turns 62 in January. Time we get online and apply also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, I see by your profile that you're into racing. Have you thought about going to the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala? It's not real far from where you are. http://www.garlits.com/museum.htm

    A friend and I went there a couple of years ago and thought it was great.

    Jim01 from the RV-Dreams forum

    ReplyDelete